THEY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES
PROVIDED BY THE WORLD WE WANT FOUNDATION.
TWWWF operates its website ("Site" below) as part of its effort to give young people practical, social, and technical skills that are of great value in becoming effective leaders, engaged citizens, and productive members of society. TWWWF works with and through tax-exempt educational, charitable, and community Partner Organizations, and qualified Mentors they provide, to inspire and help young people to design, conduct, and publish Social Action Projects that create positive social change.
TWWWF, through the Site, provides information and materials created by TWWWF and related to its work, including toolkits, tutorials, guidelines, examples, templates, videos, and other educational and instructional items. The Site also provides information and materials submitted by and collected from users of the Site, including text, photos, graphics, digital portfolios, and other visual media. All these and similar items are referred to collectively below as "Content".
TWWWF, through the Site and other means, may provide various products and services related to its work, including the Site and its functionality described below, its Content, downloadable or printed books, manuals, tutorials, and templates, consulting services, partnership arrangements, videography, online forums, blogs, and web pages. All these and similar items are referred to collectively below as "Services".
TWWWF, through the Site, provides a functionality that may allow users to visit parts of the Site, register and use more parts, post information on the Site, apply for assistance, post Social Action Projects, download materials, participate in forums and the like, solicit donations, make donations, and perform various other interactive operations. This functionality is referred to collectively below as "Software".
You agree to the specific terms and conditions listed here regarding the ordinary operations of the Site and Services, as well as all the other terms and conditions found elsewhere in this Agreement:
What we require for your use of the Site depends somewhat on whether you are an adult or a minor.
a. All users of the Site
You affirm and guarantee that you are 18 years old or older, are legally competent, and are legally able to enter a binding agreement, or that you have the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian regarding use of the Site. You agree to submit only accurate and truthful information to the Site and to update that information if and when it changes. You affirm and guarantee that you have those rights to any submitted information that are necessary to lawfully submit that information to the Site and through the Site to TWWWF. You agree that your use of the Site, the Content, the Services, and the Software will comply with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. If you are representing an entity, you guarantee that you have the right to enter into this Agreement on behalf of that entity.
b. Minor users of the Site – persons under 18
Here's where we have a problem. If you are under 18 years old, you are a minor in most (maybe all) places, and you cannot legally enter into a binding agreement like this Agreement. So we cannot expect you to be legally obligated – like adults are – to abide by this Agreement, which contains important terms designed to protect the Site, prevent misuse of the Site and its Contents, and protect Site users. So, our army of lawyers tells us that this Agreement should just forbid you – and all minors – from "using" the Site unless you have the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian. How will we know that you do have that consent? Other sites avoid that question simply by having online documents like this one that say if you're under 18 years old you cannot "use" that site at all, but almost everyone probably goes ahead and looks around on that site anyway.
Well, we want you – and all interested minors – to be able to "use" our entire Site if you act responsibly. We think we can permit that by having two kinds of "users" with different requirements for each:
1. Visiting user. If you are just visiting the site, looking around, checking out various Social Action Projects, Project Teams, and so forth, just exploring the Site and its Contents, then you are a "visitor". We cannot stop you from visiting the Site, and this Agreement cannot stop you – although we hope you will read it and abide by its terms – so go ahead, look around, and enjoy what you learn.
2. Participating user. If you are submitting a Social Action Project and applying for assistance and for posting on the Site, you must register on the Site, giving some information like a user name or user ID, a password, and your email address. If your Project is approved, you must also provide a written TWWWF Parental Consent given to you by the Project's Partner Organization or Mentor and signed by a parent or legal guardian. Then you are a "participant", and you will be able to interact with the Site.
All we ask of you as a participant – and even if you are just a visitor – is that you and your parent or guardian read the rest of this Agreement, abide by its terms, including those in section a. above for all users, and enjoy helping create the world you want.
c. Adult and minor users of the Site – all users
TWWWF does not collect, use, or store any identifying information about children under 13 years of age. You agree not to provide or submit any identifying information about a child under 13, such as full name, home address, email address, telephone number, or any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact the child.
Donors and Partner Organizations and Mentors have certain specific requirements for use of the Site and Services set forth in detail below.
To use some parts of the Site, Content, Services, and Software, you are required to register with TWWWF by providing a user name ("User ID") and a password. To use some other parts, you may also be required to provide personal information, such as your name, age, or some contact information. You agree to these terms and conditions:
Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may result in termination of your registration with TWWWF and all its benefits. TWWWF will not be responsible for any damages or losses resulting from your failure to abide by these terms.
Social Action Projects are provided by or through Partner Organizations and supported by TWWWF. They emphasize a student-driven, mentor-guided, civics-oriented, project-based format for addressing social problems or opportunities and creating positive social change. Guided by its Project Mentors, a team of young people ("Young Global Citizens") designs, implements, and documents a Project where they
1. select and research a problem or opportunity in the community,
2. identify, refine, and implement a solution and an action plan,
3. measure and record the outcome or impact in the community, and
4. share their Story of Social Impact through a Digital Portfolio posted on the Site.
The Site and Software may permit registered individuals and entities to post and update information and materials about Social Action Projects on the Site, and the Site and Software may permit other Site users to make donations to and comments about those Social Action Projects. Those individuals, entities, Social Action Projects, and all related activities are governed by the specific terms and conditions listed here, as well as all the other terms and conditions found elsewhere in this Agreement:
TWWWF may exclude or remove any Social Action Project from the Site and Services at any time for any reason and in its absolute discretion.
The Site and Software may permit Partner Organizations and Mentors to post and update information and materials on the Site, and to perform other functions, usually related to Social Action Projects. When you, as a Partner Organization or its representative, or as a Mentor, submit information, materials, or a Social Action Project to TWWWF, you acknowledge, affirm, and agree to the specific terms and conditions listed here, as well as all the other terms and conditions found elsewhere in this Agreement:
The Site and Software may permit individuals and entities (each a "Donor" below) to make donations to TWWWF, to individual Social Action Projects, and to groups of Social Action Projects. (TWWWF is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt public charity, and donations are deductible to the full extent allowed by law.) Donors agree to the specific terms and conditions listed here, as well as all the other terms and conditions found elsewhere in this Agreement:
Other terms and conditions regarding donations may appear on the Site, and they apply to all donors and donations as if stated here. TWWWF may exclude any donor from the Site and Services at any time and in its absolute discretion. TWWWF is not responsible for the success or failure of any Social Action Project or for the errors and omissions of anyone involved in a particular Social Action Project.
Some of the Content on the Site may be provided by you, and some of the Content on the Site is provided by TWWWF and by others. The Services and the Software are provided by TWWWF and by others. Ownership and use of both types of Content, the Services, and the Software are governed by the specific terms and conditions listed here, along with all the other terms and conditions found elsewhere in this Agreement.
Content that you provide
The Site and the Software may allow you to upload or post information and other materials to the Site and through the Site to TWWWF, including text, photos, graphics, digital portfolios, and other visual media (collectively "Submission" below), which becomes Content. You agree to these terms and conditions regarding that Submission and Content:
TWWWF reserves the right to remove or modify any Submission and any Content you or others provide at any time for any reason and in its absolute discretion.
Content and the Site, Services, and Software that TWWWF and others provide
You agree to these terms and conditions regarding the Content, the Site, the Services, and the Software:
TWWWF reserves the right to terminate access to and use of any Content provided by TWWWF or others at any time for any reason and in its absolute discretion.
The Site and Software may contain links or hyperlinks to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that TWWWF does not operate or control those linked websites, that TWWWF may or may not endorse those linked websites and any information, materials, products, or services found on those linked websites, and that TWWWF is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you sustain as a result of using those linked websites or their operations, contents, or the information, materials, products, or services found there.
TWWWF may permit you to post links to the Site on another website. If so, you affirm and guarantee that the content on and operation of that other website is consistent with the stated purposes of TWWWF and the Site. TWWWF may terminate your right to link to the Site at any time for any reason and in its sole discretion.
You agree to the following terms and conditions that govern your conduct while using the Site, the Content, the Services, and the Software:
TWWWF may at any time, without notice, and in its absolute discretion change, remove, or replace any of the terms of this Agreement or change, suspend, remove, or terminate any or all parts of the Site, Content, Services, or Software. You agree to review the Site and this Agreement from time to time to determine any changes, and if you continue to use the Site or Services, you agree to abide by those changes. The date of the current version of this Agreement is stated at the end of this Agreement.
You agree to the specific terms and conditions listed here regarding extraordinary circumstances concerning the Site, Content, Services, and Software, as well as all the other terms and conditions found elsewhere in this Agreement:
TWWWF may in its sole discretion terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Site, Content, Services, or Software at any time, for any reason or for no reason, and with or without notice. On termination, TWWWF may immediately delete your User ID, your Submissions, your links, and all related information and files, and you agree to destroy all materials obtained from, and stop all use of, the Site, the Content, the Services, and the Software. TWWWF shall not be liable to you or anyone else for terminating this Agreement or your access. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless TWWWF and its assigns, successors, sponsors, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, agents, representatives, and suppliers from all liabilities, claims, losses, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from or related to (a) your use or misuse of, or your activities related to, the Site, Content, Services, or Software; (b) any violation of this Agreement by you or anyone using your User ID; (c) your violation of any rights of any other person or entity while using the Site; or (d) your Submission or any Submission or information provided by you or anyone using your User ID or password.
IN NO EVENT SHALL TWWWF, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACTORS, PROVIDERS OF CONTENT, OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN THE CREATION OR DELIVERY OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE, OR THE CONTENT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, (A) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, (B) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY LINKS, AND (C) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY ERROR, OMISSION, DEFECT, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, FAILURE TO PERFORM, COMPUTER VIRUS AND THE LIKE, OR EQUIPMENT OR NETWORK FAILURE OF ANY KIND, ALL EVEN IF THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY TWWWF OR THE OTHERS LISTED ABOVE, OR IF AN REPRESENTATIVE OF TWWWF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR BOTH. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE, OR THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THEM. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF TWWWF AND THE OTHERS LISTED ABOVE FOR ALL DAMAGES AND LOSSES FROM ANY CAUSE SHALL BE ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TWWWF may terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others and remove all infringing material from the Site, all in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), if properly notified that material infringes copyright. If you believe that material on the Site infringes your copyright, you may send TWWWF a notice requesting that we remove the material. If you believe that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, you may send TWWWF a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet exactly the then-current detailed statutory requirements of the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to The World We Want Foundation, 246 Channel Heights Court, Suite 100, Ventura, CA 93003.
1. How to contact TWWWF. If you have any problems, questions, or comments about TWWWF operations, you may contact TWWWF through the "Contact Us" link on the Site and by email sent to
2. Notices. By using the Site and Services, you agree to receive all communications from TWWWF electronically, including but not limited to notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Site, Services, Software, or Content. TWWWF may provide such electronic notices by posting them on the Site or by sending them via email to any email address you have provided.
3. State registration. Certain states require us to advise you that a copy of our financial report is available from them if we are registered there. To see if your state is one of those states, contact your state's Secretary of State or Attorney General. Registration with the Secretary of State or Attorney General of any state does not imply endorsement by them.
4. Assignment or transfer. You may not assign, transfer, or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the express prior written consent of TWWWF. TWWWF may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personal information and Submissions, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
5. Entire and only agreement. This Agreement, and any other agreements, policies, or guidelines incorporated here by reference or published from time to time on the Site, is the entire and only agreement between you and TWWWF regarding use of the Site, Services, Software, Content, and links on the Site.
6. Provisions severable. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, unenforceable, invalid, or void by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be deemed severable and limited or eliminated so that the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
7. Governing law and jurisdiction. This Agreement, and any other agreements, policies, or guidelines incorporated here by reference or published from time to time on the Site, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that the Site is deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over TWWWF or its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, or officers in any jurisdiction other than the State of California. You agree that any action at law or in equity relating to this Agreement, or your use of the Site, Services, Software, or Content shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California, you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, and you waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. You irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action, or proceeding. You agree that TWWWF may apply for injunctive remedies, or a similar kind of interim or preliminary legal relief, in any jurisdiction.
8. Miscellaneous. The waiver or failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any further exercise of that or any right under this Agreement. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys' fees.
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 1, 2012. Changes from the previous version: none.